8 Ways To Help GG Bailey Support Breast Cancer Research
During the month of October, whenever you order a set of our custom car mats with a pink breast cancer ribbon, pink carpet, one of three pink edging options, a pink heel pad, pink embroidery or monogram, pink ribbon home mat, or pink ribbon pet placemat, GG Bailey will donate 10 percent of the price to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Plus, any order placed now through Oct. 17 will be shipped for free when you choose the ground option.
According to their website, the mission of the Breast Cancer Research Foundation is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for innovative clinical and translational research at leading medical centers worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. Currently, 91 cents of every dollar spent by BCRF is directed toward breast cancer research and awareness programs.
Most everyone either has friends or family members who have been effected by breast cancer. According to BreastCancer.org, about 1 in every 8 American women will develop invasion breast cancer during the course of their life, which is why research, and funding for such research, is so important.
A few other stats from BreastCancer.org:
- About 39,620 women in the U.S. were expected to die in 2013 from breast cancer, though death rates have been decreasing since 1989 — with larger decreases in women under 50. These decreases are thought to be the result of treatment advances, earlier detection through screening, and increased awareness.
- In 2013, there were more than 2.8 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S. This includes women currently being treated and women who have finished treatment.
- About 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. These occur due to genetic mutations that happen as a result of the aging process and life in general, rather than inherited mutations.
- Pink carpet. Our luxury-weight carpet is stain resistant, so your custom floor mats will last.
- Pink heel pad. You can choose either a circle or rectangle to protect your driver’s side car floor mat where it needs it the most.
- Pink serged edging. High-quality pink yarn creates an elegant, finished look around the edges of your personalized floor mat.
- Pink ribbon edging. Pink ribbon with white polka dots, or brown ribbon with pink polka dots, adds a fun edge to your floor mat.
- Pink embroidery. Get your name, monogram or any message (up to 10 characters) embroidered on your floor mat in pink thread.
- Pink Ribbon breast cancer logo. The classic pink breast cancer ribbon is placed on the lower left corner of the floor mat.
- Pink Ribbon home mat. Order one of our Subtle Style two-tone mats with the embroidered Pink Ribbon.
- Pink Ribbon pet placemat. Our Subtle Style two-tone mats with the embroidered Pink Ribbon are also available in our pet placemat section.
And remember, all you need to do is add one pink element to your order and we will donate 10 percent of the purchase to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. Plus, if you place your order before Oct. 17, you will receive free ground shipping!
Together, we can make a difference.